Unit BSL321 – Understand varied British Sign Language in a range of work and social situations
Who is this aimed at?
- Anyone wishing to expand their sign vocabulary in a different context, e.g. by increasing knowledge of technical (or other) jargon, specific BSL terminology, and more.
- Those who want to learn on a different training course, in an informal setting
- Students from other training centres, who are not ready for, or who are about to take their BSL321 DVD Receptive skills assessment, and would like extra help.
- Students who would like to understand better, their weaknesses and strengths in their receptive skills and to work on this with the help of some tips and extra tools
- Meet & mix with a higher level of BSL learners and highly qualified and experienced BSL teacher
- Those needing a confidence boost
- If you would like to develop additional skills or prepare for an upcoming assessment
- Anyone who simply wants to have a different BSL experience
This is not suitable for applicants who are just starting a Level Three course as the teaching level will be aimed towards a higher BSL skill / learning level. It is suitable for applicants who have nearly completed a course and are about take their BSL321 assessment, or retake it with BSLworks.
Please ensure you have studied the following topics before coming to the workshop;
- Home Life
- Social/Recreational Activities
- Education and Training
- Consumer Issues and Daily Living
- Deaf History and Culture
Signature has released last year’s examination materials with a question sheet for the centre to use it as example and practice. I will be use the materials and BSLworks’ create own film clip with a question sheet if you have these at different training centre.
Previously Signature assessment topics:
- Home Life
Sunday 9th August from 10am to 4pm (full day)
Thursday evening 13th August from 6:30pm to 9pm (half day)
Saturday afternoon 22nd August from 1:30pm to 4pm (half day)
One day workshop cost: £80 per person self funded / £90 per person funded by employer/organisation
Half day workshop cost: £40 per person self funded / £45 per person funded by employer/organisation
Retake the BSL321 assessment with us? If you want retake with BSLworks after the workshop completed on see above workshops dates, to do assessment will be happens after a hour break from the workshop. The deadline apply and submit your candidates assessment registration by 3 weeks advance at midday with a full payment for the assessment and admin fees to be paid before I am able register for you in time for assessment date.
Evaluation from the BSL321 workshop on 21st March 2015, happy reading!