NVQ Evidence Collection – in person or via Webcam!
Perfecting your evidence collection clips in BSL!
Do you need to collect filmed evidence clip/s with a Deaf professional, native BSL user?
Filming with Sandra Duguid, Director BSLworks
During these hourly sessions you will be able to collect evidence for any NVQ Level assessments you are working on. We arrange regular ‘filming days’ where you can book a fixed hour time slot or you can arrange to meet Sandra Duguid at a mutually convenient location to film your evidence clips. BSLworks teacher/guest teachers can also be made available for group evidence collection clips, (this will incurs an additional cost).
Contact us to book a time for your NVQ evidence collection!
The next scheduled filming day is on;
Monday 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th August
Tuesday 4th, 18th, 25th August
Wednesday 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th August
Thursday 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th August
Friday 7th, 14th, 21st August
Saturday 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd August
Sunday 2nd, 16th, 23rd August with hourly sessions from 8:30am through to 8pm (7pm being the final slot).
Bookings will be taken on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
If this date doesn’t suit, please get in touch to find a mutually convenient date and location for your filming session. Contact Sandra Duguid for advice and guidance if you would like to use a different location such as your workplace, home, hire room and/or an additional person for the group in order to collect the correct evidence samples.
The venue: BSLworks, Suites B and C, 2nd floor, 31-33 College Road, Harrow HA1 1EJ
Time: 8:30-9:30am, 9:30am-10:30am, 11:30am-12:30pm, 1-2pm, 2-3pm, 4-5pm, 6-7pm and 7-8pm.
Can’t make it to the scheduled filming day?
We can arrange for a filming session to take place a London venue of your choice, at your workplace or via webcam (please see information below), giving you the flexibility to collect evidence in a natural environment at a time to suit your needs. You will need to bring with you a suitable camera / filming equipment.
We can arrange filming sessions for small groups to enable evidence collection. There will be an additional charge of £15 per person.
Cost for NVQ Levels 3 & 6:
£35 per one hour appointment to collect a maximum of 2 x film clips.
Cost for Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Sign Language Interpreting and above:
£45 per one hour appointment to collect a maximum of 2 x film clips.
Before you apply to attend your evidence collection session please read the following -
1. ensure you have done your assessment plan with your assessor
2. know what you need to do to match the required evidence topic
3. have clear aims of what unit (i.e. 311, 312, 601 or 602) learning outcomes (LO) and assessment criteria (AC) you need to cover before coming to the workshop; we do not want you to waste your money and our time!
4. please do not expect to receive feedback from the film clip, we are not entitled to do this as that role is fulfilled by your assessor
5. if you would like BSLworks to provide feedback on your signing skills in general this can be arranged at a one to one coaching session (£35 per hour). Once again, this cannot overlap with the marking of your evidence clips.
6. You have a camera / suitable filming equipment for the evidence collection (unless using webcam method).
Filming via Webcam:
If you are struggling to find time to film in person or difficulties with travel, filming by webcam could be an ideal solution when working on your portfolio. We film you and Sandra as you communicate via webcam and then send you the clip by email. Assuming you have achieved all the necessary criteria, your clip will be eligible to be included in your portfolio. The added benefit is that you will have a greater variety of assessment methods included in your evidence.
Cost: £15 per half hour filming session.
If you have any questions regarding filming evidence or would like to book onto a scheduled filming day or to arrange a private filming session please do get in touch by email.